Ngoolark – ECU Building 34
270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup, WA
JCY Architects and Urban Designers
PACT Construction was selected against nine other builders to deliver this ground-breaking five-storey project at Edith Cowan University in Joondalup. Building 34 has brought all student facilities under one roof utilising state-of-the art technology.
- We were responsible for the design and construction of both the glazing and cladding. The full wrap-around façade and glazing formed the complete sun shading element of the building.
- We constructed in-ground ductwork which delivers airflow from the existing university system into the new building.
- All works were carried out in the landscape of a busy, fully functional university, resulting in a wide range of access, noise and safety issues.
- Five-star efficiency rating.
- Suspended atrium artwork: ‘Synapse’ by Andrew Strumfel and Sohan Ariel Hayes, lit by digital projection.
Features of development
The façade features perforated aluminium cladding, composite aluminium sheeting and double glazing.
The internal atrium incorporates a full height internal void and feature chandelier / artwork.
This development features Bubbledeck floor plates.