Jason Thomson, General Manager Get to know PACT’s GM Jason’s history with PACT goes way back…
999 Hay St
TYPE OF PROJECT
999 Hay St is a major 12-storey, 11,500m2 A-grade office project, making it QUBE’s largest office project to date.
Our strong working relationship with QUBE saw us quickly identified as the right partner to see the job through successfully. Being engaged from an early stage enabled us to add value from the outset. For this development, we looked at a number of economical structural design solutions to get the most cost-effective build for the client.
- The façade was quite a feat to complete, incorporating full height curtain wall glazing with an elliptical-shaped Alpolic clad feature and pocketed elements for balconies.
- The site’s location was logistically challenging due to the one-way street and the need to demolish one side of an adjacent building.
- We had to negotiate a myriad of in-ground services including high pressure gas, water, electricity, fibre optics, old copper telecommunication cabling and storm water drains.
- 999 Hay St achieves both a 4 Star Green Star rating and 4.5 Star NABERS Environmental Efficiency rating.
- Working in conjunction with both the engineer and architect, the feature level 5 ‘Diving Board’ cantilevered balcony was prefabricated off site and transported as a completed element for installation with the use of our tower crane. The benefits of such a design alleviated the requirement for temporary works above the street façade.
- ‘The Wing’ is a winged steel façade element featuring a structural steel frame and powdercoated aluminium composite panels. It dissects the building all the way through (internally and externally) from ground floor all the way up to Level 11.
- Cantilevered balcony: This striking feature was prefabricated off site and transported in one piece for erection. This removed the need for temporary works above the street / façade.
- The building has been designed to draw in natural light, connect with outdoor areas and engage with the surrounding precinct.
- The entrance lobby consists of a unique canopy structure which floats from outside of the lobby through the entry glazing structure and is lined in a ‘lobster’ colour ALPOLIC panelling.
FEATURES OF DEVELOPMENT
999 Hay St comprises of 10 open-plan offices, rooftop boardroom, entertainment deck, EOT facilities, and a café integrated at ground level within the main lobby and the surrounding streetscape.
Strategically located, 999 Hay St achieves both a 4 Star Green Star rating and 4.5 Star NABERS Environmental Efficiency rating, enhanced by a cutting-edge architectural façade.
We were also responsible for the fit out of 6 floors of the building for an engineering firm.