136 Hasler Road, Osborne Park, WA
The overall project brief was to transform old offices into a new, modern and functional office for APG Homes. The finished building included two receptions, open plan and closed office spaces, a staff hub and a 120m2 balcony extension.
A short construction period of just 20 weeks posed a major challenge, particularly as the client was relocating immediately into the new tenancy. We carefully managed the program with subcontractors to ensure all deadlines were met.
- 120m2 balcony extension: This highlight features angled structural steel columns, a suspended concrete slab, Western Red Cedar soffit linings and a tiled finish.
- Internal highlights include a reception area with full-height void, a staff hub with kitchen and bench seating and the internal services fit out (lighting / power, hydraulics, AV).
Features of development
This project involved four main areas of work:
- Internal demolition and refurbishment / fit out of office areas including the creation of two receptions, staff hub and generally a mix of open plan and closed office spaces.
- The upgrade of base building services to accommodate the new businesses including electrical and communication upgrades.
- An overall façade upgrade / modification including repainting, new louvered elevation, signage elements and landscaping works.
- A 120m² balcony extension.
There was an array of finishes used and applied to the works. Externally the use of textured paints, ALPOLIC, anodised aluminium blades, precast concrete, and Western Red Cedar balcony soffit linings provide a transformed and modern aesthetic. Internally the fit out comprises both internal office areas constructed of plasterboard and glass partitions and open plan workstations comprising powder coat aluminium workstation screening, individual personal storage units, tambour storage units and new carpet tiling throughout.