31 Sheffield Road, Welshpool
Commercial Design Management
Jason Windows is a leading WA supplier of windows, doors, security screens and glass. The company engaged our team to construct a 11,600m2 glass processing, manufacturing and warehousing facility as well as 2000m2 of office space over two levels.The project’s two-storey office facility included a feature entrance lobby and reception, 2-stop passenger lift, state-of-the-art selection area, offices, open plan workstations, boardrooms, staff hub and meeting areas.
- A tight program of 42 weeks meant that multiple critical paths were overlaying each other. Structural steel shop drawings were procured early in the program to enable the critical path to be achieved for the portal frame structure. Completing the fully integrated office fit-out within the program timeline further challenged our project management capabilities.
- The supply and installation of the complete fire ring main around the perimeter of the site led to access issues throughout the construction phase.
- Structural steel portal frame: Delivering this huge element of work (featuring 800 tonnes of structural steel) within such a short time frame was a significant achievement.
- The office base building and integrated fit-out were completed to a high standard.
- The successful installation, coordination and commissioning of Jason Windows’ glass processing facility was another key highlight.
Features of Development
The processing facility featured many diverse elements including two crane beams for overhead cranes which we supplied and installed. The warehousing floor was constructed using a portal steel and precast concrete frame building envelope. A mixture of Colorbond and FC cladding was utilised for the wall cladding, along with a Zincalume sheeting system for the roof.
External works included extensive (15000m2) bitumen roads and car parking, along with exposed aggregate footpaths, hard stands to the courtyard area and perimeter landscaping.