50-62 Stalker Road, Gosnells, WA
Gary Batt & Associates
Amaroo Village involved constructing a new two-storey building that is linked to the existing aged-care facility. The new building comprises 74 rooms, including bedrooms and ensuites, new physio and activity area, residents’ lounge, laundry, kitchen, hairdresser and staff training hub.
We won the project through a competitive tender process.
- This project was delivered within the confines of the existing facility, requiring our team to coordinate a seamless build in a live working environment.
- Tying in the extension to the existing care facility required careful planning and management. PACT undertook continuous client liaison throughout the build to ensure that there was minimal disruption to services, staff and occupants.
- Another major challenge of the project was dealing with the high volume of existing in-ground services containing asbestos pipework and pits. PACT worked with the existing in-ground services drawings to carefully identify, excavate, and expose the existing services for future connections and / or diversions.
- Contrasting cladding and roofing materials required the coordination of multiple subcontractors. We ensured that all associated trade packages and scopes of work were well managed and coordinated to ensure the interfaces between them occurred seamlessly on site.
- The Porte-cochère is a highlight, featuring a structural steel frame and tiled roof.
- The double height lobby incorporates a stone wall and feature light fittings.
Features of development
The façade comprises face brick, rendered brick and concrete lift shafts clad with stone facing.