HOW WE’RE BUILDING POTENTIAL WITH A STRUCTURED, SUPPORTIVE CADET PROGRAM Lewis and Nic come from different…
Baldivis Library and Community Centre
TYPE OF PROJECT
A vital boost to the community, the two-storey Baldivis Library and Community Centre incorporates a contemporary library, e-training areas, meeting rooms, offices and on-ground plaza areas. The clever solar passive design minimises water and energy use. It was designed by Site Architecture Studio.
The tender process run by the City of Rockingham was very competitive. We were selected out of eight other quality builders.
- The curved roof and intricate façade featured very little material repetition. Realising the complex façade design required us to develop a complex building methodology to bring all the facets together.
- The delivery of services was complex. For example, a suspended floor system hosts reticulated data cabling and also distributes air-conditioned air.
- The site’s location in a busy public space created further challenges. The coordination of all material deliveries and contractors were carefully managed.
- To maximise cost efficiency, all sub-contractors went through rigorous scrutiny to ensure the greatest quality of work and value for money.
- Complex structural steel design: Circular columns, steel branches and sloping ceilings (we assisted in the design of the steelwork).
- Winner MBA WA Excellence in Construction Award 2015 – Best Public Use Building Under $20M.
FEATURES OF DEVELOPMENT
The attractive façade features a mixture of elements including hexagonal ceramic tiles, face brick, metal roof sheeting and stone cladding.