Bob Hawke College
Kitchener Park, Subiaco, WA
Bateman T & Z Architects Joint Venture Pty Ltd
Bob Hawke College is a brand-new government secondary school adjacent to Subiaco Oval.
We were short-listed through an EOI process and won the project on competitive tender with weighted criteria based on methodology, program, organisation capacity personnel, local content and price.
“Our agile, hands-on approach is enabling us to overcome the many logistical challenges presented at Bob Hawke College. We are managing the program and subcontractors’ performances tightly, while splitting the volume of work over multiple site managers to ensure a quality and timely result.
Our early procurement of trades on the Bob Hawke College project has given us an adequate lead time for materials and sub-contractor coordination through workshops and the shop drawing process.”
Jason Kunkler, General Manager.
Highlights so far
- The 24 post-tensioned suspended slab pours were completed by mid-March 2019; under 8 months from taking possession of the site
- Roof sheeting to the four main buildings was completed by the end of May 2019
- There is over 11,000m2 of façade claddings on the project, progressively being installed
- The project has had 2 tower cranes servicing the site, the first was removed as programmed in early June 2019
- The project is currently on program for completion on time.
Standout features of development
Bob Hawke College will be a central hub for the Subiaco community with shared facilities such as Subiaco Oval and the college’s playing courts and gymnasium.
The college’s environmental footprint will be minimised through the use of three and four storey buildings that are universally accessible and incorporate passive solar design principles.
The college is part of the exciting new Subi East renewal project that will transform Subiaco Oval and it’s surrounds along with the Princess Margaret Hospital site into a vibrant place for living, learning and leisure.