57 Carrington St Palmyra, WA
Designed by MJA Studio, Carrington57 is a boutique four storey multi-residential development situated on the corner of Carrington and Tamar Streets in the heart of Palmyra. The ground floor features two retail tenancies and a café tenancy.
We successfully negotiated the project with Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) in conjunction with Parcel Property. This early procurement enabled us to add value from the outset.
- This project required us to construct a 4-storey building in a highly built-up residential area.
- Two of the boundaries were blocked off by houses, while the other two site frontages were obstructed by power lines.
- The site is located on the corner of a roundabout and the busy Carrington Road, hindering deliveries.
- Resident management was an ongoing challenge as we are constructing a 4-storey building amongst low rise houses.
“Being collaborative and accountable enabled us to work through the challenges posed by Carrington57. We consulted with the client weekly and hold daily planning and coordination meetings. Short term programs were implemented and tracked, while key trades and stakeholders were kept in constant contact.”
Jason Thomson, General Manager.
- The concrete archway and face brick selection on the façade are stunning features.
- The project features a roof top terrace and planters.
- Internal voids within the building common areas create natural light and a resort style atmosphere.
Features of development
Carrington57 comprises of 4 ground floor resort-style villas with dedicated entry and 20 one, two and three bedroom apartments within the main building, which also have a private rooftop terrace where residents can relax and mix with neighbours and friends alike.
The site is excellently located, well served by public transport and just a short hop to the Swan River, Fremantle town centre or South Beach.
The ground floor also provides two retail tenancies and a café tenancy with alfresco area addressing the corner of Carrington and Tamar Streets, all of which provide welcome additions to the local retail and café scenes.
To discover more about the project, visit Carrington 57.