Jason Thomson, General Manager Get to know PACT’s GM Jason’s history with PACT goes way back…
TYPE OF PROJECT
Following a competitive tender process, PACT was selected to deliver the prominent 5-storey office building with basement and sub-basement (pump room).
Creating a high-quality office product for the West Perth market saw our attention to detail come to the fore, resulting in an incredibly high level of specifications and finishes.
- Delivering a 5-storey office building to the highest level of finishes in a very constrained site proved to be a difficult task. There were established buildings hard-up to all three boundaries, plus heavy road traffic on Parliament Place.
- Dropping boundaries 12 to 13 metres and constructing basements required our team to be extremely careful with vibrations and the risk of cracking or shifting adjacent buildings. PACT engaged in regular communications with other property owners about our movements and activities. An onsite gantry was built to ensure the public would be protected.
- Due to the constrained nature of the site, all concrete panels, beams and floor panels had to be cast off-site.
- As part of PACT’s commitment to achieving cost savings for the client, it was identified that developing the office fit out in tandem with the building of the base would result in maximum cost-effectiveness.
- The Parliament Place project was a Finalist in the 2013 Master Builders Excellence in Construction Awards.
FEATURES OF DEVELOPMENT
The building’s basement was constructed with concrete contiguous piles and fine grout injections to support neighbouring buildings.
The concrete structure is a composite precast and insitu concrete design with façade treatments including off-form concrete panels, painted concrete panels, feature travertine marble cladding and curtain wall glazing.