Subi Centro North Lot 4
4 Wexford Street, Subiaco
$12.7 million (incl. GST)
Designed by Eames Architects and constructed for our developer client QUBE, Subi Centro North is a large mixed-use development spread across two separate sites. We won the project via a competitive tender process.
The first site (Lot 4) is a five-level building including two basement levels. It features 900m2 of office space, 150m2 of retail space and 18 luxury apartments.
Completed in early 2013, the project features modern architectural façade treatments, along with high-quality interior finishes.
- Piling works to the northwest corner of the site were disrupted by the discovery of an existing underground footing that protruded into the site boundary by about 100-150mm. This affected the starting point of a wall and had to be removed for works to continue.
- During the summer months, excessive heat shutdowns on-site required minor program alterations to mitigate delays where possible.
- Apartments are orientated around a central open-aired walkway, which provides residents with alternative living spaces and cross ventilation.
FEATURES OF DEVELOPMENT
To create a striking street presence, the external architectural form and cladding consists of many product materials including painted render, face brickwork, feature colour back glass, zinc cladding, aluminium fascia cladding and glazing.
Internal finishes include:
• An Alucabond canopy and stainless steel balustrading to the residential lobby (protruding beyond the glazing).
• Individual residential entry courtyards with fencing constructed from powder-coated slatted metal sections.
• Feature stonework and tiling.
• Flush gyprock ceilings with negative details and feature bulkheads.
• Kitchen marble top units with colourback glass.
• European kitchen appliances.