WALGA / ONE70 West Leederville
170 Railway Parade, West Leederville
WALGA required a building that embraced their corporate philosophy of environmentally sustainable building design. Our team saw the potential to deliver an A-grade office and café development that achieved both 5 Star Green Star and 5 Star NABERS.
- The fast-tracked project design meant there was a short lead time ahead of construction. Fortnightly design meetings were held to guarantee that the project was kept on track and on budget and milestones were met. Weekly meetings were also held with key subcontractors to coordinate trades and streamline the program where possible.
- To track the progress of all Green Star deliverables, a matrix was developed to record and track all required items. This simplified an otherwise complex and time-intensive process. As a result, all material required for accreditation was submitted on time and a 5 Star Green Star design rating was achieved.
- Undertaking construction work between older existing buildings posed ongoing challenges. In addition, this project had a basement level which required our team to carefully build below ground level of the two adjacent properties.
HIGHLIGHTS SO FAR
- The key highlight of this project was delivering a state-of-the-art design that achieved a 5 Star Green Star rating and a 5 Star NABERS rating while also being financially viable.
- Environmental highlights included installing a highly-efficient ventilation system that utilised 100% fresh air and solar technology capable of delivering about 30% of peak power requirements. In addition, the waste management system followed the waste hierarchy and diverting waste away from landfill was a top priority.
- Master Builders Association Excellence in Construction Awards 2014 – WINNER Excellence in Waste Management.
- Master Builders Association Excellence in Construction Awards 2014 – WINNER Excellence in Energy Efficiency.
FEATURES OF THE DEVELOPMENT
The five-level office building provides customised office space (6,500m2 NLA) for the operational needs of WALGA and elected members. Features include meeting rooms, a large boardroom, training facilities, on-site 100m2 café and an extensive northern courtyard with landscaped gardens and lawn areas.
The project is clad in precast, Alucobond and a floor-to-ceiling double glazed curtain wall façade to allow for maximum energy efficiency.
Two levels of basement carparking provide an abundance of parking on site. The development’s prime location ensures easy access to the Perth CBD.